The Dhladhla Foundation
The Dhladhla Foundation has funded the 11 covered farming tunnels which have been erected on land adjacent to the Waste to Food project. The tunnels will form the backbone of the Farming Academy which PEDI is planning.
MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING
ABOUT THE FOUNDATION
The Dhladhla Foundation is a Non-Profit Organisation (NGO) as well as a Public Benefit Organisation (PBO) which has its core the eradication of chronic hunger and poverty in Africa.
The Foundation has been actively involved in non-profit work since 1994 and has been a PBO since 2007. Although the Foundation is not affiliated to the United Nations (UN) in any way, the Dhladhla Foundation makes use of the UN Millennium Development Goals (MDG’s) as a framework for all projects that are implemented.
Our vision is to remain a world-class non-profit organisation in the field of community development. To remain a winning team focused on our clients’/communities’ needs
- To promote sustainable livelihoods through skills development
- To impact on human development by delivering demand led quality services through our strategic partners, staff and associates
- To interface effectively with other non-profit organisations and stakeholders who share our vision and mission
- Eradication of extreme poverty
- Achieve universal primary education
- Promote gender equality
- Promote women involvement in projects
- Reduce Child mortality
- Improve maternal health
- Combat HIV / Aids and other diseases
- Environmental Sustainability
- Global Partnership for Development